From the October 2002 “Orange Platoon,” Chris Bridgeman, one of Burley’s New Zealand students, apparently stopped contributing to the Mastermind forums halfway through 2003. Could that be the point when he “left the rat race”?
Mr. Bridgeman is noteworthy because of the various organizations I’ve been able to find relating to him:
EZI Home Ltd.
Haven Property Group Ltd.
Foundation Investment Group Ltd.
A few observations:
- The EZI Home page doesn’t look like it’s been updated in 5 years.
- The Haven site is copyright 2004, but it links to another site with some additional property listings. Unfortunately, I don’t know how long they’ve been there. At the time of this writing there were 7 houses listed, 4 of those marked as “sold,” and 2 properties in Papakura, one with a “sunny aspect” (047DOM) and another described as a “weatherboard home” (016BEL). They claim to have sold over 70 houses, though.
- It seems that Chris Bridgeman is no longer affiliated with Haven, which might explain why Foundation Investments exists.
- Given the investor testimonials at Haven's site, I'd have to say that if you want real “passive income” you should consider being the investor rather than the Burleyist!
- The About Us page at Haven’s site doesn’t mention John Burley anywhere.
- The About Us page at Foundation, on the other hand, scares me a bit.
- Actually, the whole site scares me.
- My inquiry to the Foundation Investment Group several weeks ago went unanswered. Perhaps this was due to my not being in New Zealand, but still, what happened to common courtesy?