Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Remember Making the Body Search



Wire has been one of my favorite bands since I was first introduced to them back in 1990 by Jim Lippard. They're considered a "musician's band," as they were extremely influential, though they never received much commercial success.

Colin Newman (the vocalist in the song above) has since gone on to form his own label, swim~, which features a number of excellent acts, including Newman's own solo stuff, and a collaboration between Newman and his wife, Malka Spigel, called Immersion.

By the way, isn't YouTube awesome?!

3 comments:

steve said...

Yeah, you gotta love the Tube, and Wire for that matter. Thanks for recently introducing me to Colin's music as well! It's fantastic. Need to track some of down. Oh, and that reminds me, I need to show you a very good write up he did about electronic music asking "what exactly IS electronic music anymore anhow?". It's in the latest and unfortunately final issue of a once great but short lived magazine called e/i.

Einzige said...

I look forward to reading the article!

steve said...

Einzige!--you've been tagged!