Monday, April 17, 2006

A Shaved Pussy


It's that time of year again. Gamera has started to shed. More importantly, however, he brought home two ticks this weekend - two that I know about, anyway. Their arrival sparked a whirlwind of obsessive vacuuming on my part, as well as a dousing of Gamera with some flea and tick repellant. That stuff is nasty, though. It smells awful, gives me a headache, and clearly irritates Gamera, as well. Thus, the shaving.

Gamera tolerates the process well enough, as long as it's in sessions that last 20 seconds or less. Any longer and he starts complaining. I can usually push it another 20 seconds before he starts biting - as long as I'm not trying to shave his tail or the backs of his hind legs, in which case he gets mad immediately. To mitigate this problem I break up the shaving process into many short sessions over several days.

I swear his hair, when shaved, violates the law of the conservation of mass. It makes a huge mess all over the bathroom, but the 5 months of zero shedding and considerably less worry about fleas and ticks make it well worth the effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't they make collars for cats?

Einzige said...

I'm not a fan of collars on cats.