Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What is this blog about?

Recently, it seems this blog has had a rather narrow focus. I'll admit that I have been slathering quite a bit of attention on (and though he certainly doesn't deserve it, I do still have 2 or 3 more Burley posts planned). Honestly, though, I have no intention of adding Die Eigenheit to the cacophony of and blogs out there. I mean, what the hell do I know?

So, you see, I have always felt that if this blog's theme is anything at all (aside from its autobiographical nature), then it would have to be .

As a die-hard , I take belief very seriously. I often find myself consumed by doubts - sometimes to the point of experiencing a profound (and very disturbing) . Of late - as you've seen if you're one of the 4 people who reads this blog regularly - this tendency to question obsessively has manifested in my exploration of the the wacky belief that there are actually "secrets" that "the rich" keep hidden from the hoi polloi. This has meant a focus on , since, of the countless people spouting such nonsense, he's the one I am most familiar with. I will, soon, run out of things to say about that, though, at which point I'll have to move on to other things.

Al Swearengen once said, "If you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans," so I won't bore you with the specifics of mine. But if you were beginning to worry that I might never shut up about Burley this and Burley that, you can rest assured that even I will have had my fill of him before long.

4 comments:

steve said...

Ha ha! That's good though--at least someone's making a bold, concerted effort at exposing some truths about financial manipulators, whoever they may be. Hey, you might actually save some hapless fella surfing the bloggosphere, from doing someting he shouln't . I personally can't relate much to the Burley posts just because I'm pretty set on never getting involved in that kind of scheme/scam-based b.s. to begin with.

The solipsist thing can be a bit of a dark place to go. Have you ever read the somewhat autobiographical book "Solipsist" by Henry Rollins? It's a great read but man is it grim.

I know that you can contribute a whole lot more here too, calling out ultra-conservative and uber-religious hypocrites, reviewing tunes and music, and dropping personal thoughts, experiences, whatever here. I once thought maybe my own blog should have some kind of singe focus or purpose, but I'm way too much of a scatterbrain for that. So I just post whatever while trying to keep it somewhat consistent. Anyhow, looking forward to more from you here.

Einzige said...

I personally can't relate much to the Burley posts just because I'm pretty set on never getting involved in that kind of scheme/scam-based b.s. to begin with.

Well, given that, then I humbly submit that you are the perfect audience for my Burley posts, because I am - I hope, anyway - giving you the tools to be able to tell the scammers from the truly helpful.

So, get busy re-reading, man! :)

Have you ever read the somewhat autobiographical book "Solipsist" by Henry Rollins? It's a great read but man is it grim.

Can't say I have. Sounds interesting, but I can't promise I'll get to it, given the insurmountably large reading list I'm already grappling with.

I once thought maybe my own blog should have some kind of singe focus or purpose, but I'm way too much of a scatterbrain for that.

You mean your blog's focus isn't turtles (flying or otherwise)?

LOL - Just kidding.

Now, keep in mind that the thesis of this post was simply that if this blog has any kind of focus, then epistemology would be the closest thing. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be schizophrenic and random at times, though.

Solan said...

I know what you mean about this solipsist feeling. It's different from philosophical doubt, and can be quite disturbing and even unpleasant. Do you do any regular physical activity that you enjoy? Not just sex, but things like climbing, juggling, etc ... things that challenge your brain to develop motor skills. If not, consider that those are good remedies for excess solipsism.

Einzige said...

Hi Solan!

Good to see you around again.

You are exactly right in describing the solipsist feeling as distinctly non-philosophical.

Funny that you mention juggling! I've been doing a lot of that, lately, for some reason (perhaps relating to my lack of money for much else). For the past couple days I've been working up to the 3-ball Mills Mess. Once I've got that trick down I'm going to start working in earnest on learning to juggle 5.

I also row on my rowing machine at least 3 times per week.

I used to do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (did it for over 7 years, actually), but that's pretty hard on the body and I haven't done it for the past couple years (since I moved from AZ to VA, basically).